Friday, June 29, 2007

Spain at Last

I arrived in Spain this morning! Natalie met me at the airport, and we´ve froliced about Madrid all day. We are still awaiting the parental units. They should be arriving at any time. Madrid is gorgeous, and we toured the Palace today, which is the huge house of the former Kings. It´s incredible that was one man´s house. It was much grander than I thought it would be. I can´t wait to get some gellato (sp) later tonight. We are hopefully going to go see the huge park soon, which Natalie claims is spectacular.

On the flight from Accra to Frankfurt, I sat next to a 19 year old Canadian named Justin, from Vancouver. He had just spent two and a half months on a Mercy Ship in Liberia. It was so awesome to get to talk to someone close to my age who had just spent a lot of time in missions in Africa. I´m also impressed he was in Liberia. There is still a lot of violence and danger left over after the civil war, and he said there were a couple of close calls. But God was so good to me the entire trip to Madrid, and it could not have gone smoother. Thus far, that´s been the theme of all my travels this summer, and hopefully it will keep up. The Ghanaian´s aptly term this "travel mercies", from God´s mercies in traveling when so much could go wrong.

Tomorrow we are heading to Seville for two days, then to Cadiz, then to an undetermined southern hilltown (whatever that means). I´ll blog anytime I can, which could be never. Hopefully I can get some more pictures up soon.

Adiós!

No comments: