Friday, June 15, 2007

Arrival

Landed in Ghana last night, and what a good feeling! I feel like I am back home. Not much has changed in the past year, and it's nice to fall right back into the swing of things. The flights went well. I flew Lufthansa from Atlanta to Franfurt, then to Accra. On the first 9 hour leg, I sat next to this very short, old Hungarian woman who spoke no English. She did, however, speak a scattering of German, as do I. We both knew about the same amount (very little) of German, and were able to communicate. She loved to talk, and I learned a lot about her. The hardest part was explaining the time zones of Ghana and Europe and Atlanta. She made the time go by quickly. As I got closer and closer to Ghana, I became more and more excited and really enjoyed the trip, just knowing it was bringing me closer to Ghana.
Ryan is here and better than ever. All of the Mozleys were supposed to have left yesterday before I arrived, but because Anna won most of the awards at her school, Claire wanted her to stay and recieve them at the award assembly. So I got to spend last night with Anna, Claire, and Caroline Davidson, which was a blast and a huge blessing. Tatum and Sally Downs had to leave in a rush yesterday because their grandmother has a bloodclot, and they needed to be with her, so I sadly did not get to see them.
Now the house is quiet and we have a relaxing day ahead. Tomorrow we will go to Prom-Prom (I really have no idea if that is the correct name), an orphange about an hour east. I have never been there, and I can't wait to go.
On Monday we leave for our "Tour de Ghana", which Caroline Davidson thought was a real event attended by thousands of people. Ryan, Amy Rambo, Margaret, and I will be traveling all of the country together. We wil go up to the north, which will be the best part of the trip. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for everyone who reads this and continues to pray for us. Leave comments and email me at daviswebb@mac.com

-Davis

1 comment:

AUNT BEV said...

Davis-

Just wanted to check in and say HELLO. Know that you're having a wonderful adventure all over Ghana.Please remember that we'll keep you and all the group in our thoughts and prayers.

Love-
Aunt Bev